Visit My Other Web Page:

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

February 10, 2009 Tuesday

Woke up early today with Tony. Had stomach issues most of the day, but they were manageable.
Had my first appointment today with my new Therapist. She was very nice and starting in two weeks she is clearing her complete schedule for me. LOL. No, but in two weeks we will start weekly appointments. Will be nice to talk to a trained therapist.
Spent the afternoon reading one of two books I picked up at ARCW today at the therapist appointment. One is called The First Year Of HIV which talks about what a normal person goes through, thoughts, emotions and stuff in the first year. Tests and what they mean, etc. Boy am I in for some fun. Half way done with the book already. The second book is called Living Well With HIV and AIDS.
Not sure I enjoy reading some of the information to be honest. Sounds like my AIDS is more advanced than it should be for just finding it out. Not good. It has made me a little mad that this was not caught sooner by a doctor, it should have been. But I guess I should just be thankful I found out now rather than even later in the game.
Not feeling like cooking tonight so I think Tony and I will go to a local bar for bargain priced burgers and fries.
One thing the books are telling me non stop is how important it is to keep stress and shit out of my life and how important a healthy life is if you want to live with this disease. I have stopped sweating the small things or problems with Tony and I, now I have to incorportate this into my daily life.
Bottom line today I had a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like good advice for everyone! Dave, have you been able to discover why you didn't find out about your diagnosis until recently? Or is this one of the things you're not going to sweat right now?

    Also, that tub sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have given it a lot of thought. It has actually made me quite mad that my doctor did not think to test a gay man for HIV sooner. I can not blame the doctor for my condition, but I do blame him for not addressing this sooner.
    I have read and been told to let it go. It does not matter and can change nothing. It is hard to do, but good sound advice to stay strong and focus on things I can change.

    ReplyDelete