Visit My Other Web Page:

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

February 17 Tuesday Afternoon

Well, where do I start.
Got up at 6 am with Tony and read the paper and got him off to work at 8 am. Then I had my appointment with my case manager at ARCW. When I got home there was a message from the vet that said Stella's blood tests came in and she is a very sick dog. It was good Tony spent the $250 for the blood tests. She was brusing easily and had a mole that was of concern. I guess she has Thrombocytopenia. http://www.petplace.com/dogs/thrombocytopenia-in-dogs/page1.aspx
So, now Stella is home, keeping her calm not to get hurt and bleed and just started two drugs. Prednisone and Doxcycline. Bottom line. Get this. It is like 'the opposite of AIDS'. That was the vets words exactly. Her platet level is below 10,000 and basically undetectable. Not good. It is also considered an infectious disease. What the f*ck? So now the vet will do more blood tests to find out why she is so sick and will have to see where it goes from here. The opposite of AIDS. I can not believe this.
Going to take a nap with the dogs and give Stella some special hugs. Unbelievable.
I was actually having an ok day up till finding out all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment