Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, February 12, 2009

February 12, 2009 Thursday

Had a good day today. Spent the morning cleaning. Deep cleaning, like floor boards and stuff. I hate cleaning. Left a message with my case worker as to when I can expect to start receiving the paperwork I need to start filling out for getting some sort of assistance. It's out there and the sooner you get the paperwork in, I am told, the better. No call back from her. Will leave another message tomorrow. Started my book. Yup. Got a little done on it. Chapter titles, and started making notes. Took a short nap this afternoon and made supper for Tony and I. I think I had a better day today because I stayed away from books and information. It starts to just depress you. Overwelm you.
Going to spend the rest of the night with the TV. Tomorrow I have to fight with the insurance company to get my next months supply of Atripla by next Thursday, thru mail order no less. I was told I might be able to get that changed if I make a big enough stink. I just dont need the US Postoffice adding to my stress at this time. If I can fill my med in town, when I know I need them, I feel much better. We will have lunch with the Friday lunch group and then I have to do grocery shopping. Thats something in itself now. I now look for healthier alternatives and have to stay away from my favorite food - peanut butter. What next. Ice cream? I will have nothing to live for. LOL
Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Gonna begin by saying I am going crazy. I write a long comment, try to post it and it won't post. Then I have to retype it all over again. Ugh! The things I do for you young man! I better get my own chapter in the book ;)


    1. The jetted tub sounds awesome! Way to go Tony.

    2. Medications. Do NOT allow the insurance company to tell you they have to mail your pills. Baloney! Fight them on this Dave. Don't let them decide how YOU receive YOUR medication. YOU pay for it, they work for you, fight them to the end on it. Tell them your mail gets stolen often or something. Hubby takes blood pressure meds daily and in the beginning, insurance said that they must be ordered through mail-order. Did that for a few months with horrible results. Meds NEVER came on time. Excuses such as "We didn't receive the new script", "Waiting for the authorization", "doctor didn't send the script in" and on and on. All and I mean ALL were lies they made up. We jumped through hoops, calling the doctor, tracing the mail, etc., and the conclusion was, the insurance mail order place lied outright. Scripts were sent in on time, not to mention, scripts were for 6 month supply at a time, so how could they not have a script for that, duh! Doctor's office started doing it by fax and that would then give them proof the fax was received by the insurance company. We fought hard and finally are now able to have the scripts filled at our local pharmacy. Don't give up the fight, give 'em hell!

    3. Panic attacks. Had a few over the years. Best solution I have found is to leave the area for a few minutes. If you are at a restaurant, walk outside for a few minutes and get some fresh air. I have found if I do that and think pleasant thoughts, I can overcome the attack. Mind over matter. I love the sound of the surf breaking on the shore, so I immediately begin thinking of that sound and imagining myself on the beach and the attack usually subsides almost immediately. I have also found that if I run from wherever I am and go home, the attack will follow. I find it best to just get some air for a few and then re-enter wherever I was and go one with my life. I refust to allow it to take over my being. Not saying my method will work for you, but suggesting you give it a try. You may find your own way to overcome them, just don't let them overcome you!

    4. Get yourself a funny novel to read. Run the jetted tub, get in, put your feet up and immerse yourself in the tub and in the book. Have a few laughs and smile :)

    5. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the time to help with advice. I do read all comments. Problem with the insurance is it is through Tonys shop, 3 people on the plan, him, me and one employee. If I make to much noise they could start looking into employment records (how many hours I work there a week) and the fact that Tony is a high cost heart patient, THEY COULD DROP US AS A GROUP.
    I do not want to risk that. With that said. I will check into it with the insurance company because as you stated what else is the mail order place going to say? They don't want to loose the business right? I will check through my insurance company directly rather than through them on Monday.
    As for the panic attacks, any help is appreciated. Thank you

    ReplyDelete