Visit My Other Web Page:

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January 20, 2009 Tuesday Morning

As you can see I changed my main picture to the left. Tony mentioned it was not a good pic. So we went through our pics last night. Holly Shit, when did I get so old that I don't take a good pic anymore? It was horrible. LOL At least this one I can live with for a while. Getting older really sucks when you look at pictures of yourself. Life is not kind.

Cleaned the basement this morning. Tony cut some wood down there a while back and the saw dust of course is my job to clean up. So the basement is 'clean enough' and that job is done.
Watched Obama speach. Was a good speach but I cant watch this on TV all day. Going to have to do some channel surfing or a nice long nap this afternoon.

Still waiting to get my call from my past interview. I sound like the song from Chorus Line 'I hope I get it, Boy I hope I get it'. Guess you have to be a fan to understand. That was Chorus Line wasn't it? If I can find a party tonight that serves food for the Obama event maybe we will go, otherwise I have to cook something for the man. I never enjoyed cooking or the clean up.

If my last W2 would get here I could start working on my taxes. I always get them done very early, not one to wait till the deadline. Might start filling in the forms today.

Stella stayed home today. Mondays wear her out being at the shop a full day. She will sleep most of the day and hopefully I'll send her back to work with Tony tomorrow.

My Dad and Mom called this morning. Not an easy phone call these days. Since I haven't told them and have no plans in the near future it is very hard to put on this 'everything is so good' talk when on the phone with them. I also feel bad cause I usually share almost everything with my mom. But this IS different. Going to have to keep up the happy tone on the phone with them. Not easy to do.

2 comments:

  1. Please tell me if it is not my business. I am wondering why you have not spoken to your parents (at the very least, your mom) about your illness. I know it has not been the best relationship in the past, but perhaps it will change if you speak with them. As a mother, I would want to know if my child was ill. No matter what, you are still their child and they love you. It would also be one less thing that weighed on you. Okay, you can tell me to shut up now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, good question. At this point there are several reasons I have not told my Mother and Father. First, I do not think they can grasp this. They are old school and at this point I don't have time to educate them. Much less I've just stopped crying as I did all day, I don't need to start this again. LOL This will probably change in time and will be glad to educate them then. Second, I did tell my one gay brother and feel that is enough. A family member knows. At this point I am looking for support and have gotten it better from my friends than from my family in the past. Third and most important, I am close to my neices and nephews and want that closeness to continue. On new Years this year I actually made a resolution to my sister that I would spend more time with her two kids 5 and 8 in the comming year. Tony and I spend a lot of time with his sisters two kids 10 and 5 and would like to be just as close to my sisters kids. They live out of state but trueth is I am just to wrapped up in my world and need to change that. I am afraid they might try to keep their kids away from me out of fear or just not informed enough.
    In time I am sure someone will find this blog or I will sit down for a lunch with Mom and Dad and tell them. But bottom line, I think its better at this time. That can change daily. Tomorrow I have another case worker apt for information and then Thursday afternoon is the big day I find out all the blood result details. These two weeks have killed me. The waiting is horrible. I could find out I have months to live or find out I have great hope. Thank god for the anxiety pills.
    Keep the questions comming, at least I know your reading the posts.

    ReplyDelete