Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, January 22, 2009

January 22, 2009 Thursday Blood Test Results

Well, this is not the news I really like having to put out there, but this is where it stands in a nutshell.
The good news: I have no Resistance associated RT Mutations. I guess this is good because if I did it would make medications more of a struggle to prescribe and would mean I have other things to worry about.
Now for the bad bad news. My T cell count is 106. It should be about 1000. Anything under 500 is a concern. Anything under 200 is classified as AIDS. Yes, I can't believe I just wrote that myself. I am classified as AIDS at this point. WOW. You have no idea what is going through my head and how much it is spinning. I have about 5 pages of test results if anyone who knows what they mean would like a copy to help inform me I would appreciate it. Let me know a fax number via email and I will send them.
I was given prescriptions for ACYCLOVIR 800MG twice daily as a precautionary measure at this time and a prescription of ATRIPLA TABLETS once a day same time each day. The ATRIPLA is the meds that will hopefully raise my T count is a new drug that combinds many others . The final hope is someday I will be undetectable. I am sure I will be on the internet most of the night looking this stuff up.
The ATRIPLA side effects are vivid color dreams (good blog topic I guess) and in some cases suicidal thoughts. So the doctor talked to Tony about watching any changes in me. Tony was in the doctors office for the entire visit. Heard everything I heard. He is at work right now probably trying to digest all this also. I already picked up my new meds and start them tonght. Guess a whole new thing to talk about..........side effects.
So, its been 3 hours since I found out I am actually classified as AIDS. I need time to take this all in myself. Time to mix a drink and sit back and take some deep breaths.
Sorry the news wasn't better but my doctor seems to think in todays world I could live to 80. Time will tell. He probably tells all his patients that.

2 comments:

  1. I've been on ATRIPLA for the last 5 years (before I used to take the same drugs but separate pills VIREAD+EMTRIVA+SUSTIVA) and my CD4s have risen from 215 to 750 and 44%. You can make it. Lots of luck from Argentina!
    John
    sunsetbue_arg@yahoo.com.ar

    ReplyDelete