Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

January 8, 2009 Thursday

Today I met with my new Doctor who specializes in HIV. Tony went with me for support and waited in the waiting room as I spoke to my new doctor for the first time. Once the tears stopped he explained to me that I should stop crying because HIV is no longer a death sentence.
He checked me over and sent me down to the lab for more extensive blood tests. I think I counted 17 viles they had to fill. I never liked needles, but I guess I better get used to them.
I was given a prescription for Fluconazle 200mg for the mouth fungus and Zanax for the anxiety.
Thank god for the Zanax because they sure have helped me get through these last few days.
I will get my results from the blood tests on Thursday January 22, 2009. The waiting is killing me but I do realize at that point I will know a lot more information on my body's condition and knowledge is key.

I called a friend I have known for over 25 years who I suspected was HIV+ and asked if we could meet and talk. He was a true friend and came over that night and answered my questions but most of all, assured me I was not alone. He told me of some groups that meet and tonight (January 14, 2009) I will be going with him for my first meeting. This group also meets on Fridays for lunch with spouces for a happy lunch. I am told and believe I will need these contacts to help me get through this.

I have also told another long time friend and my tenants upstairs but thats it. I was told it is better to hold back because once 'its' out there it can't be taken back.

No comments:

Post a Comment