Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

January 28, 2009 Wednesday Night

I will write more about this tomorrow but I had to let you guys know I had a real good group meeting tonight. I met a guy named Dustin, I know he won't mind me using his name since I am about to paste a link to an article he wrote this past summer. I had a connection to this guy from the time he walked into the meeting. I now read a story he posted in a Magazine called Our Lives and see why I feel such a connection. I am listing the web link below, if you do anything today, please read his story, it says what I am going through and have been going through for the past three weeks. http://www.ourlivesmadison.com/2008/07/01/the-test It is a short story but says it ALL.
I will be writing him email and hope we can connect in a friendship. This kid knows my story in a nutshell.

1 comment:

  1. The sentence "Be nice to someone you don't know, as you don't know their story. You don't know how close to the edge of falling off they are." is very insightful and Dustin is surely wise beyond his years. If only every ignorant person would read the sentence and more importantly, act on it, wouldn't this world be a better place?

    Dave, although I cannot say that I know exactly what you are going through with the disease, I can tell you that there are many that have other diseases or tragedies in their lives that have them feeling as if they may fall off the cliff in a moment. It is a fine line that most walk one time or another during their lifetime. How it is dealt with is up to the individual. You are surrounded with friends that care, honestly care about you and are there if you need them. An email, a text, phone call, whatever is needed, we are there for you, ALWAYS and FOREVER.

    I am glad that you enjoyed the meeting tonight and you met Dustin. Perhaps there is a silver lining in this dark cloud following you around. Positive thoughts, okay?

    ReplyDelete