Visit My Other Web Page:

Sunday, March 22, 2009

March 22, 2009 Sunday Evening

Went out to eat Friday night but the restaurant was too crowded to talk. Came home and had a disagreement about services charges and interest on a credit card balance when we have money to pay the bill. An interest charge of $110 makes no sense to me and is like throwing money out the window. Makes no sense to me. Went to bed not speaking to each other. Saturday we got up early and I made breakfast. Spent most of the day cleaning up around the outside and then moved the Cadillac from the back garage to the front garage so we can use it when the weather gets nice. Removed the plow blade hoping we will not need it any more this season attached to the truck. Then loaded up the back garage with all the crap I cleaned out of the side yard and some wood for the deck I am building off the side of the house. I am replacing the side decks this year. They are over 10 years old and in need of an update. Later in the day I simply had Tony read the blog from Friday. He didn't have much to say except 'I don't see a problem'.

Saturday was our 20th anniversary of our 1st date so we made
reservations to go to the top of the Hyatt. The revolving restaurant called Polaris Room. It overlooks Milwaukee. The picture to the right shows where our house is. It is between the tower and the green steeple of the church in the middle of the picture. We sat down, ordered a drink and looked at the menu. Now I see why they are going out of business next month. The menu was over priced. Had about seven selections. And the only side the $35 + meal had was ---- Mac and Cheese. Mac and Cheese for a side on a $35 + meal? No way. So we cut our losses and went to a restaurant we go to often and had a good dinner. Came home and watched the movie Quarantine. It was OK. A scary movie. I jumped once really high and Tony said I sounded like a school girl.

Today we got up early and started tearing apart the canopy and
deck outside the kitchen door on the side of the house. We got it
all torn apart and then went to Builders Square and bought new wood for the new deck I hope to make this week. Only bought the wood I need for the base and flooring. I will get the railings wood once the flooring of the deck is finished and I have a fuller vision of what I hope to accomplish. I put a picture of the deck torn apart and the base started to the right. As you can see I have my work cut out for me. Work I enjoy doing.
Took time out to have lunch at Tony's mom's house this afternoon. She made a big Italian dinner, was very good. Now it is time to relax for the night. Tomorrow I have my therapist appointment in the morning and hopefully if the weather holds I can get outside and continue with the deck. I will keep you updated on my progress.

1 comment:

  1. A belated Happy Anniversary! I would have left that place for something else too.

    ReplyDelete