Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, March 27, 2009

March 27, 2009 Friday Afternoon

Friday afternoon? Where the heck did this week go? I noticed I haven't posted since Tuesday. Wednesday I worked outside on
the deck after a trip to Home Depot for more supplies. That
night we went to the PAC for the play A Bronx Tale. I did not
enjoy it, Tony did. Was a one person show. I like a variety of
actors and dancing and singing in my shows. I was bored to death.
Thursday I once again made a trip to Home Depot for the last of
what I needed for the deck and spent the day working outside on
it. It has been around 50 degrees all week here in Milwaukee.
Warm enough to be outside doing hard work, cool enough not
to sweat your butt off doing it. I must admit the last couple of
nights my body has ached so much from the bending and lifting,
but a good ache. Know I worked hard. Today I got up and did
a little house work, went grocery shopping and finished the rails
on the deck for the steps. I put two pictures of the deck, it is
pretty much finished for now. Not a bad job for a non professional? Tony and I went to lunch with the guys on Brady Street and then came back home to putts around the house till Tony gets home for the day and we go out to dinner at a Rib Place where a friend works. No big plans for the weekend except waiting for the Saturday night snow storm. Yup. Snow storm. Might get 6 inches or more. I am so done with winter. I must admit this was an excellent week. Yes, I said excellent. Did everything I wanted to do. Got done everything I wanted to get done. I just feel a little older as I do everything. Life is worth living again. Thank you to all that got me here. Oh, almost forgot. Still no cigs since Monday. Guess that's why I got so much done this week. I couldn't sit still and needed to keep moving. I feel very good about not smoking. I think it will continue. I feel much better not smoking. It has not been easy, but do able. I will write again soon.

5 comments:

  1. dont know if tony smokes but it would do his heart a lot better if you did stop...+yours as well. these x smokers are the worse ones to get on your case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get the Chantix or do this cold turkey? I'm glad you feel a difference...I'm a week away from 3 months and don't feel at ALL better. :( Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dave...Listen up, okay?

    WELCOME BACK to LIFE!!! It is great to see our 'old' Dave back :) I could dance right now I am so happy that you are happy ***

    Great job on the deck!! Looks terrific. Is it safe to walk on? LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know my brother could do carpentry work. Looks great! Way to go without cigs. Now if we could just get mom to stop. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how great that deck looks! Very nice work!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete