Visit My Other Web Page:

Sunday, March 29, 2009

March 29, 2009 Sunday Afternoon

Sunday afternoon. As you can see from the pictures to the right
what a difference a day can make here in Milwaukee. It was good
we are near the lake because we got less snow than to the west
of us. Didn't get a lot of snow but what we did get was heavy and
wet, very hard to shovel and my back is sore from shoveling this
morning. Got Tony out of the house around noon to buy lottery
tickets for the week and hot ham and rolls for lunch. A lazy Sunday is great with hot ham and rolls. Ended up buying a bunch
of fruit and other items including a bunch of flowers to brighten
up the house on the cold day after the snow storm. Not leaving
the house any more today. Going to start the movie Slumdog
Millionaire that I downloaded last night. Hopefully it will be as
good as the award shows have been saying. Last nights movie
was horrible. Will Ferrow should hang it up if these are the
movies he is making these days. To answer a few questions:
I wore a 14 mg patch the first day of not smoking and went
cold turkey from that day forward. Wanted to get Chantix but
my doctor said I had to come in for the prescription and between
that and the side effects I just would rather do it cold turkey.
Kinda had it with doctors unless I have to see them at this point. Hopefully the snow will be gone by the middle of the week with the temp getting in the 40s or more as the week goes on.
Tonight we will probably just have a pizza and watch our ABC Sunday night shows and then to bed. Monday I have my therapist appointment in the morning. I read today in email Tony and I might have some house guests the weekend of April 24-26 so I will have to get the spare bedroom in better shape than it is in now. I wouldn't want anyone sleeping in the room at this point much less opening the door and looking into the room. It has become the catch-all room at this point. Will give more details on the house guests as I learn more. Hint: She has stayed here once before in the past, but alone.

2 comments:

  1. OY...friggin snow. DO NOT send it my way! I'm in CT visiting...heading back to Maine in a few days. On the drive down here, as soon as I got out of New Hampshire and into Massachusetts, there was no snow to be seen. I'm hoping the snow piles back home are lower by the time I return. Seeing your yard white again makes me sick. :O So...who's your mystery houseguest? Gloria Estafan? Do I have to hear THAT story again?!? LOL :) Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Houseguest? Hmmmm, OJ getting a weekend pass? Woo Hoo! I know you'll LOVE having him as a guest.

    Oh wait, you said 'she', didn't you? Hmmm, I wonder if...it is possible...yep, it is...Guess OJ had a sex change operation while in the slammer! I bet you are thrilled!!!!

    ReplyDelete