Visit My Other Web Page:

Saturday, March 7, 2009

March 7, 2009 Saturday Evening

Made it through the day. In fact had a very nice day. Got up this morning with few problems and we were out the door by 9:30. Drove down to IL to a car museum for Tony's Birthday and to see my sister, her husband and their 2 kids. Got lost once on the way down and twice on the way back. I am usually so good about printing out directions. Not sure where my head was this trip. I only had the brochure with a terrible map. We had fun at the museum. Tony could have spent more time drooling over the cars, but we can always go back another time. Heck, he could live there and still not have enough. Was really nice to see my sister and family. Their two kids are so well behaved. We then went out to eat and towards the end of the lunch I took my sister out to my car and told her the news. We both cryed. She hugged me and said many times 'you are still my brother, nothing has changed, and I love you'. It was just what I needed to hear. It was not easy to tell her. I am sure it was not easy to hear. It's like comming out all over again when you tell people. She was very supportive and even sent me an email already telling me again how much she loves me. I was so scared to tell her but I thought it best. I have now told everyone I wanted to know for support. Got home here and brought down the new dog from upstairs to get to know our dogs. It went OK. Stella still makes me a little tense since she wants to dominate the new pitbull and her hair is standing up. No problems. We let them get together for about a half hour and then it was enough. They will get together again tomorrow. Might go out yet for a Birthday drink for Tony. Can you believe it?
Had a good day today energy wise, health wise and mentally. Could this be a trend? Turning point? Lets hope.
Thank you Patti for being the sister I always thought you were. I Love You!

2 comments:

  1. This blog site is great. Good job and great idea. I will check it every day to see how you're doing. Hang in there brother you'll feel better soon! little sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave! Dave! DAVE!! A couple good days in a row!
    I am very happy for you. A good and positive attitude goes a long way, doesn't it? Sounds like you and Tony had a fabulous AND fun day, good for you both!

    Also, happy you told your sister. I'm sure it lifted a zillion pounds off your shoulders not to be keeping secrets from her. She is your sister, loves you and of course, it went well. Nothing changes between loving siblings when one gets ill. Just as you would not have shunned her if the tables were turned. You are loved by many Dave and you have to start believing that and know how many are out there supporting you.

    Keep up the smiling****

    ReplyDelete