Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, April 10, 2009

April 10, 2009 Friday Afternoon

"We're not there yet, but making progress" were my doctors words this afternoon when he called me to tell me the results from my latest blood test this week. We just tested the viral load this time around. Next blood tests are in June and they are a full panel including T Cell count.
My current viral load is 100. My doctor says we are making progress since in January my viral load was 335,000, in February my load was 1000, and now in April it is at 100. So the Atripla seems to be doing what the doctors want it to do. I am happy with the news but was hoping to be undetectable. That is always the goal. Got Stella's blood work results today also. She is doing great. Her blood count is at 324,000 and should be between 164,000-510,000. So now just one half prednisone a day for a month till her next round of blood tests.
Went grocery shopping this morning and bought a ton of fruit. Apples, oranges, green and purple grapes, strawberries and blackberries. The seedless purple grapes are so good. I wish I had bought more since I've already ate about half the bag and Tony hasn't even gotten his hands into them yet. Had lunch with the boys on Brady Street today. Ended up having a lot of good laughs. Well needed laughs. Got our plumber friend over at the house right now hopefully working on connecting the sink in the bathroom off the guest room so Suzanne and Erin at least have a sink and toilet. Won't have tile and be a pretty bathroom, but it will be functional, hopefully. He is not finished yet and always finds an excuse to not finish a job and then ends up missing in action for days. Thinking about just ordering a pizza tonight for dinner. Have a new Toppers Restaurant in town and haven't tried their pizza yet. All depends on what Tony wants to do and how much energy he has after his long day at work. I know I am tired and would like to just stay home and watch TV. Was sunny today in in the 40s. Strong winds off lake Michigan kept it feeling cold today in Milwaukee. Saturday we spend the afternoon at my parents house for Easter, Sunday at Tony's sisters house. Our tenant is taking care of the dogs during the day while we are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment