Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, April 23, 2009

April 23, 2009 Thursday Morning

Happy Birthday to me. I don't turn 48 till another 45 minutes or so. I was born on a Sunday April 23rd, 1961 at 10:06 AM. Have to ask mom if she just woke up that morning, went to the hospital, and of course probably a very easy birth. LOL. Hope she wasn't in labor all night.

Finished the last of the big cleaning already this morning. Got most of it done yesterday. Have to shower and go shopping for a Birthday cake. Going to hunt down a good cake this year. Not one of those cheap ones where the frosting sticks to your mouth. I want a good butter cream cake and think I deserve it. So I told Tony I would handle the cake. Told him all he needs to do is buy me a card and be nice to me this weekend. Tonight I think we decided to spend big bucks and go out to dinner at one of the most expensive restaurants here in town. Butches. Yup, that's the name of the restaurant. Has the best steaks in town, but very pricey. Phone just rang and was a friend inviting us out tonight to a local bar for a few drinks. Will have to see if we can fit it in but said I did not think so due to I don't want to spoil a good steak dinner by not being hungry after drinking. Will have to see. Was nice to be thought of.

Got an email yesterday from a guy in Seattle Washington asking to use parts of my blog in a HIV/AIDS seminar he is giving at the University next week. Told him I feel honored and to take what he think will help anyone. Told him that is the reason I started the blog.

Today I am grateful for:
1. Waking up with Tony and our dogs happy and healthy
2. Good friends and family that have shown so much support
3. That it is sunny and getting warmer
4. The cleaning is for the most part done
5. Living to the age of 48

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Dave!

    Hope you have a great one!

    ~Lori in Madison

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man I am late. Happy Birthday Dave. You are going to have many many more, because only the good die young! (Sorry) I am way older than you so it's okay. You are going to be a celebrity too. I really think you need to get going on yhat book of yours. if other people want to use your material then there is surely a market out there for it and a lot more people need access to it, all those who don't know about your blog. Hava a great week-end with the girls aand enjoy the weather! I love you.....jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. H a p p y B i r t h d a y !
    { { { D a v e } } }
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Dave! See you tomorrow to tell you in person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum i love birthday cakes..especially chocolate and with the best butter cream frosting on it.m-m-m i can just taste it

    ReplyDelete