Visit My Other Web Page:

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

April 14, 2009 Tuesday Afternoon

Got Tony off to work and after my shower I ran to Walgreen's to pick up a prescription. They know me well at Walgreen's since I seem to be there at least twice a week. Went to my dentist at ARCW because I had thought I cracked a tooth. Good news is I did not crack the tooth and nothing needed to be done. Bad news, well, I don't know, good news, new news? is that my dentist says what we thought was Thrush is really Hairy Leukoplakia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hairy_leukoplakia
It is an opportunistic infection and seen in people with 'severe defects of immunity'. The dentist told me my Fluconazole would not help it and it will go away once I get healthier in time. He told me to call my doctor and see if it can be discontinued. Well, I called my AIDS doctor and he said that I should continue taking the Fluconazole once daily (was just told last week by my regular doctor to take it twice daily) and continue to take the Acyclovirm, but now 3 times daily. Just last week this same doctor told me I could stop taking the Acyclovir twice daily. I am so confused. Anyway, I will do as told so now I take the Acyclovir 3 times daily (back to Walgreen's for more tomorrow) and the Fluconazole 1 time daily. So now I will have worse stomach problems since the Acyclovir is not kind to my irritable bowels.

Picked up my monthly food at the ARCW pantry. Five bags of groceries. Good stuff from freezer, to can goods, to produce. Came home and gave the deck another look. Took the railing apart and removed every other spindle. It won't be up to code, but its not like we are selling the house anytime soon. At least now the rail spindles are farther apart and the pond can be seen better from the house. At this point I am happy. And we all know that's what matters most. LOL It was an easy fix and didn't cost any more money.

Got to start dinner soon. Might have the strength to cook. Cloudy and drizzle today in Milwaukee, but after today it starts to look good. Sixties by this weekend. Got all six dogs down here with me again today. Of course they are already looking at me because it is after 4 pm and they get fed at 5 pm. Wish they could tell time and stop bothering me till it is feeding time. TV tonight: American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, Law and Order SVU, then a little news and off to bed. Tomorrow I have to take Vito to the vet for his nail trim. This is not a fun event. Honestly, it takes me, two vet techs, and a muzzle to cut his nails. Then when it is over he goes nuts and wants to bite everyone in retaliation. The little shit thinks he is a big dog. Will let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment