Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, April 20, 2009

April 20, 2009 Monday Late Afternoon

Got up around 7 am this morning and got Tony off to work. Did a little cleaning after a quick phone call with my mother. Left around 10:30 for my therapist appointment. Talked about the horrible dream I had and how the week went since my last appointment. We tried to figure out what triggered the dream with no luck. Made myself a peanut butter jelly sandwich for lunch and went to lay down and take a nap. Woke up about 3 hours later. Slept more than I usually do when taking a nap. Now I am drinking coffee trying to jump start my brain that is in a total fog. It is a rainy day here in Milwaukee, perfect day for a nap. Have to make Tony something for dinner and then I am off to my dinner meeting at Bio Script Pharmacy. I hear these are very informative meetings once a month, plus the dinner is suppose to be great. Will let you know. No word yet from Social Security. Would be nice if I get the 'yes' letter on my birthday. Would be a nice Birthday present.
Tomorrow I have to return the mirror we bought on Saturday. The light that is suppose to go with it can not be the light. It does not attach to the mirror. So they must have given us the wrong light. Should be fun since Tony can not find the receipt and swears he never got one. And why didn't he make sure he got it from the cashier when he paid for the stuff - good question. Hopefully they will just give me the correct light and that will be it. Will set Tony up to watch Dancing With The Stars when I am gone tonight. Tony is so easy to please when it comes to TV. He will watch whatever is on. So when I go to meeting like the one tonight I put the TV on the channel I know he will enjoy and want to watch. Hopefully I should be home by 9 pm at the latest.
An email buddy today suggested that I write 5 things a day that I am grateful for. It is called the Gratitude Journal. He got the idea from a book he read. Sounds like a good idea and will give it a try. 1. That I woke up with Tony by my side. 2. My dogs woke up happy and healthy. 3. I was able to get to my therapist appointment. 4. That I was able to have a nap with my dogs this afternoon. 5. That I will get a good hot meal tonight at the meeting.

Hey, its my first time listing what I am grateful for! LOL

4 comments:

  1. Many happy returns of the day in advance dave..Am reading all of ur posts daily from past 4 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the idea of Gratitude Journal. Even i vl plan to start one of the same kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gratitude at the end of the post. Positive & uplifting. You go Dave!!!!

    How was the dinner? What did they serve? Details Dave details. Yeesh, you are the 'Detail Man', come on, you are slipping (g)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Dave! Here are mine for the day...
    1. Weather today was insanely beautiful
    2. Watching Henry play with Zeus
    3. Spending most of the day barefoot (even at my desk!)
    4. Miss USA was NOT from California...
    5. Earl Grey tea in the morning...

    ReplyDelete