Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, April 24, 2009

April 24, 2009 Friday Night

I don't even know where to start but I will type fast because I am so tired and can't wait to go to bed. I know Michelle for one has been waiting for a post. I knew Suzanne and Erin were flying in to Milwaukee today. But I had no clue that Jack was also flying in from Maine. NO CLUE.
So, I pick up Suzanne and Erin at the airport and the first thing they say is that the airline lost their luggage and it will be delivered to the house around 2 pm. OK. No big deal. So at 2 pm a car pulls up. I guy comes up the sidewalk with a suitcase and a camera. He states he forgot his clip board so he has to get it on video that the suitcase was returned. OK. I figure it makes sense. So he keeps videoing and then starts asking me strange questions like 'Do you like OJ?'.
What? Do I like OJ? I looked at him and said 'Orange Juice'. He said, 'OJ'. I was just dumb founded at this point and he said 'say into the camera you love OJ'. So I said it. At that point he looks at me and says 'do you know who this is?'. I am still so confused. He looks at me and says 'I'm Jack'. Now I have never met Jack. I have talked with him on the Internet for about 15 years and seen pictures and such but com on. Why would Jack be here from Maine. It took me a long time for my mind to put this together and it was unbelievable. He got the whole thing on video so tomorrow we will get it on the computer and post it. I was on cloud nine all afternoon. We sat around for a while and about a half hour later I looked at Suzanne and said 'so we aren't waiting for luggage'. I still was so confused. We then took the 65 Cadillac out and drove around Milwaukee. Took them all to Tony's Auto Body Shop and then home for about an hour before we went to dinner at The Safe House. It is a spy theme restaurant. We went out to a local bar for a drink after dinner and then went home. Suzanne and Erin called it a night a little after 10 pm and Tony took Jack to his motel room. I tried to talk Jack into staying here but I do not think he liked Stella giving him a nice bite on the leg as he came out of the bathroom at one point this afternoon. Almost drew blood. But he is OK. Stella got a spanking and a huge time out. Poor Jack. He took it so well. Here he flies to Milwaukee from Maine only to have my dog bite him as he is here at the house. So tired I have to go to bed myself. Will post pics and video when I have time. Looks like the rain is coming sooner than we thought. Michelle - wish you were here. Jo, you would love these guys.

1 comment:

  1. Yippee!! I'm am SO HAPPY that you were surprised Dave :) I've been waiting in anticipaton to find out how it went when Jack arrived. Thrilled that everyone is there safely and that you all had a nice dinner. Too funny about Stella. Jack is sooooo not a dog person. LOL!! I cannot wait to see the pictures and videos. Don't worry about posting them this weekend, enjoy your time with your guests and post them next week once you have rested up from all your 'hosting'.

    I wish I were there too Dave, I really do. I tried to figure a way to go with Jack but it wouldn't work out, I'm sorry*** I am there in spirit though. I have to be, someone has to keep Suzanne in line (wink). Thank goodness you did not book too much into an itinerary, 'eh? LOL! You can relax and chat away with everyone and just be *in the moment*.

    I hope your spirits were lifted as high as the sky when Suzanne and Erin arrived. We really wanted to send you OJ as a birthday gift but the warden would not allow him out of jail, so Jack is his replacement (wink). In fact, Jack is a MUCH better gift than OJ would have been. Jack is the best of the best!!

    I miss all of you but as I said earlier, I'm there in spirit. You are a wonderful person and deserve the happiness :) Have fun!!!!!
    Love to all of you ****

    ReplyDelete