Visit My Other Web Page:

Sunday, April 19, 2009

April 19, 2009 Sunday Night

Pulled myself together and made eggs and cinnamon bagels this morning for breakfast. Watched a little TV before we went to a lighting store that is huge to see if anything caught our eye for in the bathroom. Lots of cool stuff but came home with no light. Stopped off at Conejitos, a local Mexican restaurant that we go to frequently for some food. (I know, Mexican food again). They have great Mexican food at a cheap price, they serve the food on paper plates which is their trademark. The food is always great and you sit cafeteria style with others at your table. Just ate a little and did not add any sauce. Was raining pretty hard by the time we got home. When we walked in the door Barkley was limping and not fully using his front right paw. He must have hurt it by probably snagging a toe nail in the carpet or jumping down from something. He seems to be getting better as the day is going on. I started straightening up the spare room, unfolding the spare couch bed and getting sheets and blankets out which got Tony continuing on the walls in the bathroom. He is still working on it now. When he gets into these work moods I stay out of the way and keep a bottle of beer full for him. I'll have to get a picture tomorrow of the bathroom as it stands and the spare room, which is the last room to remodel, look at this time. It seems there is always something to do. This summer I am hoping to paint the outside of the house, first floor only, too dizzy for the ladders and going to the second floor or the high roof peaks. Have to hire someone for that. Looks like rain the beginning of the week but on Friday it is suppose to be 70 degrees for Suzanne and Erin's arrival. Saturday is a bit cooler and possibly rain, but that's a far ways off and not worth worrying about at this point. Just happy to see a warm front is coming for their visit.

Saw my rabbit under the front pine trees again this morning and afternoon. We never had rabbits in the 20 years we have lived here till recently. I think they are so cute. Been buying and throwing some carrots under the trees for him/her for over a week. I think it lives under the Model T. It brings a smile to my face during the day when I see it eating the bird seed outside the front window. Saw it run across the street the other day and almost screamed. Dumb rabbit. Stay in the yard.

Forgot to mention another difference in my body in yesterdays post. When Tony and I were sitting out on the side deck and then went for a drive with the top down I had to wear a baseball cap and put sunscreen on cause I just wasn't comfortable being in the hot sun. Sat in the shade under the umbrella on the deck cause the sun was just too hot. It was only about 70 degrees yesterday and I already could not stand the sun. I never was a 'lay in the sun' kind of guy but have noticed now that the meds I am on limit the time I can be in the sun even more. I have never been a happy guy out in heat over 85 degrees, I bet that is even more noticeable now. Should be interesting to see as the summer unfolds. Been told not to be in the sun too long while taking the medications I am taking. Just another adjustment in my life I guess.

Tony has been asking me for weeks what I want for my birthday. Told him the only present he needs to get me is to 'take Friday off work'. He deserves a three day weekend and that way he can drive us to the airport on Friday to pick up Suzanne and Erin. My Birthday is Thursday, and I will be 48 years old. Where did the years go? I think he will take Friday off. Probably just open the shop and get the guys working. Tonight is Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters. Hope to have a dreamless night tonight.

PS. Thank EBlogger for spell check or you guys would be laughing away at some of my spelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment