Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, May 11, 2009

May 11, 2009 Monday Night

Got up this morning around 7 AM. Noticed Vito's bite wound was still bleeding a little bit so when the vet opened I made an afternoon appointment for them to check him. Went to get a dogs tennis ball from under the bed this morning and couldn't believe my eyes how much dog hair was under the bed. So I got the mop out. It was embarrassing. Looks much better now. Got showered and off to my appointment at ARCW. On the way home I stopped off at the post office to buy some 2 cent stamps since stamps now cost 44 cents as of today. Up from 42 cents. Got home and made some soup for lunch, rested on the couch for about a half hour, and then took Vito to the vet at 2 PM and had to leave him so they could treat the wound. Vito ended up getting 3 staples, two pills I have to give him twice a day for a couple weeks, and bring him back in 10 days to have the staples removed. The vets called Vito 'A Little Spitfire'. Yah, that's a nice way of putting it. Remember, this is the dog it takes two vet techs, Tony or myself and the vet just to cut his toe nails.......did I forget to mention the muzzle they have to put on him too. I was told he was better than most when they put the staples in. Poor Vito. He is sitting next to me here on the couch as I type this.

Heard today that a guy I used to consider a good friend's mother died this morning. Having mixed feelings since I still feel the main reason I was let go from my job was mainly due to him. I have for the most part gotten past that since I am happy not to be working anymore and couldn't at this time work full time if I wanted to. But, I still have not forgotten how it all went down. Could have and should have been handled much differently as far as I am concerned. I think I will change the subject before I say something I might regret or not fully mean at this time. I do feel for anyone loosing their mother and how hard it must be. I am fortunate to still have mine.

Watched Oprah today. I don't usually watch her but she had Simon from American Idol on along with Susan Boyle and a bunch of cool acts. It was entertaining and kept Vito on the couch and not jumping around per doctor's orders. Just switched off Dancing With The Starts to watch the CBS Monday night line up. No one on the Dancing show I care about anymore. Will probably check my links at the web sight and blog to make sure they are all up and running, cruise the Internet for interesting stuff, and go to bed.

Need advice. Long story short. Tony signed up for this service that was money back in 30 days if the company did not send him 4 customers a month. Tony paid $600 and not only post dated the check but wrote above where the person signs on the back, 'VOID TILL " and 30 days later as was agreed on. The company promised they would not cash his check. Well they crossed off what he wrote, endorsed the check and cashed it. Two months later they have not send anyone and still not refunded him. Much less the guy won't answer his phone. The worst part is this company is in California and we are in Wisconsin. Is there such a thing as small claims court across state lines? Since its in California should I just call Judge Judy? I told Tony he has till tomorrow and I will take over the collection on this. I can be a lot more forceful. He calls it being a bigger 'bitch'. Yah, but when something he purchases needs to be returned or someone needs yelling at who do you think he calls? That's right, me. The Bitch.

4 comments:

  1. you guys have been scammed. dont do that again. these guys are shisters. i think this is considered fraud, isnt it? i'd call the police and find out what to do first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, if the check was cashed before the date that Tony placed on it, he can take it up with his bank. It is their mistake for accepting a check prior to the date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Banks fault is right - get on it! :) Jack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our bank is claiming you can not post date a check. But I have watched enough Judge Judy's to know you should write on the back any restrictions above where they would sign the check. The guy crossed this off and then signed it. I told Tony the bank should also be resposible because a red flag should have gone off sign there were no initials of Tonys next to the crossed off "Void till...." Our bank says no. So now what? $600 is a lot of money to just say oh well.

    ReplyDelete