Visit My Other Web Page:

Sunday, May 3, 2009

May 3, 2009 Sunday Night

Got up this morning feeling pretty good. After I read most of the paper I then made us Ham and Cheese Omelets and Cinnamon bagels. After the cleanup I sat outside and read the newspaper advertisements and played on my new laptop. Still very happy with it and typing this blog on it now. So nice to sit on the couch and do this. One complaint so far is that the computer screen is very very hard to see outside. It was sunny out, but I was in the shade under an umbrella. Couldn't see the screen good enough to really use it outside. Have to look for a setting to make it brighter if there is one. Got Tony to go to Walmart with me before we went to Home Depot. Saw same cakes in the Walmart advertisement that looked good. Of course our Walmart did not carry them. We still found a way to spend close to $100. Bought two big plants for out on the deck. They look nice. Had to rearrange the furniture a little and re pot the new plants in pots I had around here. It looks nice. I will take a picture of the deck again tomorrow. We went to Home Depot after Walmart to buy some potting soil and get paint color samples. I just remembered another problem I am having with the new laptop. When I try to move pictures from my desktop to my laptop using a USB plug in drive, it does not seem to eject properly even though I do the right steps and says it is OK to disconnect. When I plug it into the desktop to use it again a message tells me it was not disconnected properly from the laptop. Doesn't seem to be affecting anything I have used it for to this point. I just hate getting error messages. We are watching last weeks episode of Lost. I love this show. It has been a little confusing this season but still worth watching. I still am mad at ABC for canceling the show Invasion a few years ago. Just as the show got good, and the season final was outstanding, it was canceled. I still have not gotten over it. Deep breath! Hoping Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters aren't reruns tonight. Always DVR Cold Case on Sunday nights. That is if a sports event hasn't screwed with the starting time. Was very nice today in Milwaukee. It must have gotten close to 70 degrees and was sunny. Just found another thing I don't like about the ATT Uverse. The remote buttons are so small it is hard for an old guy like me, who needs glasses just to read the writing, to find the right button. Sorry, got off track fast forwarding the DVR. We are now watching a past episode of My Name Is Earl. Hope NBC doesn't cancel this show. I love Joy most on the show.

Tomorrow I have my therapist appointment in the morning. Thinking about starting to do some painting outside before it gets to warm. I am thinking about starting with the garage because I am thinking about changing the colors on the house/slate. Got some color samples at Home Depot today. Thinking a light grey with white window trim. Or going extreme and going with a green and white trim. Green would go good with the green shingles on the roof. Right now the slate is a light dingy green. The house was built in 1909. Since life has changed so much maybe it is time to take it a step further and change the house color scheme. Tony is against the green which is another reason to start with the garage. Maybe he just needs to see the garage done to see my vision. He is usually against anything he thinks he might have to help me do. Once I am finished he always comes around. Heck, we wouldn't have the front bay window, the side roll-out windows, sliding glass doors in the dining room and kitchen, much less the bedroom addition if I always listened to him. All have been good decisions. I still am waiting for anyone to put their tack on the interactive map on my web sight. Not sure why no one has. Is there a problem? Also, I don't see any posts or responses in the forum. If you for some reason forgot the link to my main web sight, here it is, http://gaydavemilwaukee.angelfire.com/

1 comment:

  1. Dave, I tried to get the map to scroll over to NC, but couldn't. I'm not sure how to sign in or register for the interactive map and forum. I know I'm missing something simple but a little direction would be appreciated.

    It sounds like you had another big weekend..... we had rain here in NC and that resulted in a huge tree falling accross my driveway. They are chopping it up and rolling the chunks down the mountain as we speak. (hoping not to get too close to the house under mine). You haven't lived until you get a call from your neighbor to check on your welfare since there has been a huge tree blocking your driveway for two days.. Guess I need to go outside more.

    ReplyDelete