Visit My Other Web Page:

Sunday, May 24, 2009

May 24, 2009 Sunday Afternoon

Happy Memorial Day Weekend. Did not do a post yesterday because I was too busy working on the The Music Page. I posted my best dance mixes on that page. Would love to hear comments on the mixes.

Had a great time Friday night at the play No Regrets here in Milwaukee. Met another couple from out Friday lunches at the play. Was just a small out of the way theater production. Was very good. Theme was gay marriage so it was very timely being our anniversary and all. Went out after the play with our friends to the bar Harbor Room. Had a soda and good conversation. Got home Friday night after 11 PM which is late for us. On Saturday, in between working on the The Music Page, we went for a drive along the Milwaukee lake front. Was a nice day in Milwaukee on Saturday. There is a weekend kite festival going on. We were surprised by the few kites, but then again it was after 4 PM before we drove there. I made a big dinner for Tony and I. Chicken, corn on the cob and baked potatoes. Watched TV most of the night till I went upstairs to visit with the tenants and there guests. Made my way back downstairs sometime around 11 PM. Felt pretty good all day.

Today (Sunday) we got up around 7 AM, fed the dogs, read the Milwaukee Journal (there was a time when it would take most of the day to read the Sunday newspaper. Now it seems so small I can have it read in an hour. And the newspaper companies wonder why subscriptions are down). Made Tony and I a nice breakfast. Scrambled eggs, bacon and bagels with cream cheese. Tony and I took the dogs for a walk. First Kali and Vito, then Stella and Barkley. Did a little cleaning, visited with the neighbors across the alley with a cup of coffee in hand, and then took a drive to Tony's mom's house to see here. Went with her to Big Lot and bought crap we didn't need. LOL I did buy a pool. A small pool, but good enough for the hot July and August. It is 12 feet round and about 3 feet deep. Big enough to cool off in when it gets hot. Even included a pump and filter. Now we are just watching some TV we recorded and soon I am heading either upstairs or across the alley to visit some more with the neighbors. Isn't that what the holiday weekend is for? Wish I could get Tony to be more sociable or at least away from the TV on such a nice day. Nice sunny day here in Milwaukee. Could be a bit warmer since there is a wind off Lake Michigan keeping us in the 50s. Could be worse, could be raining, which it usually does in Milwaukee on Memorial Day Weekend. Tomorrow looks pretty much the same. Sunny, 50s but no rain. Will probably cook out on the grill tonight and spend the rest of the day with the 'kids'. Seems the walk they had this morning has them all sleeping around the living room. Must be nap time?
Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Will post again when I have time. Did I mention I made a new web page called The Music Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment