Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, May 4, 2009

May 4, 2009 Monday Night

Was up by 6:30 AM this morning. Noticed Tony was already out of bed and up. He falls asleep on the couch by 9 PM and then gets up at 6 AM. Wish he would stay up an hour later and get up and hour later. Tired of explaining to him what he missed on TV shows after 9PM. He will be lost next week when he watches Brothers and Sisters. Oh well. Watching Dancing With The Stars as I write this. Got a couple things done this morning before I showered. Spread out four bags of bark chips in the front yard that we bought yesterday at Home Depot. Picked up the dog crap in the side yard. Got a load of laundry going. And vacuumed. Was exhausted from just doing all that by 10 AM. Showered and got to my therapist appointment at 11 PM. My therapist gave me chapter one of Mind Over Mood. A book we are going to go through chapter by chapter each appointment. I read the first chapter this afternoon. Just kind of set up the book. I did get one thing from it so far. In chapter one it gave an example of standing in a line at the grocery store. As you stand in line you can either say to yourself: Good, I have some time to relax, and talk to the people in line. Or you can get mad and then yell at the grocery store checker. Mind over Mood. Guess if you pick the right thought process it makes life better. Will have to try. The chapter also showed how the different environmental influences can change your mood - if you let it. Looking forward to the learning.

Stopped off at Walgreens on my way home for cigs, yah, keep it to yourself. At least I buy them where they are a dollar cheaper than at a gas station. Bought a Cheese Steak Sub at Subway, and came home and watched a little TV, did a little reading, and was exhausted. Laid down about 1:30 and woke up at 3:15. Took a long time to get the mind re started. Was in a total fog for about an hour as I drank a cup of coffee. Cruised the Internet, checked my sites, and made a little dinner for Tony and I. Still very tired and can't wait to go to bed tonight.

The sun was out all day here in Milwaukee today. Got to 65 degrees. Perfect. Tomorrow I have my monthly appointment with my case worker at ARCW. Might start painting the garage tomorrow if I have the strength and will. Happy I got a couple posts on the forum and interactive map. Still waiting for the rest of you to add yourselves to the interactive map at my web sight http://gaydavemilwaukee.angelfire.com/ . Go ahead, do it now. Got a very nice card today from the guy in Washington that gave a seminar on HIV and used parts of my blog. Some of the people at the seminar signed the card and wrote personal messages thanking me for sharing my story. Brought tears to my eyes in happiness as I read all the well wishes. How nice hey? Will have to save this for my scrap book. Going to put on a pair of sweats and relax the rest of the night away. I will write more tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I saw a certain celebrity joined the map! How awesome is that?!? ;) Jack

    ReplyDelete