Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, May 8, 2009

May 8, 2008 Friday Night

Got up around 6 AM with Tony this morning. Feeling much better. Stomach pain is almost gone. Guess the Cipro is doing what it is suppose to. Whenever I am on an antibiotic my stomach problems always seem to go away. Then return shortly after the antibiotic has all been taken. Been like this for years. Now it is just worse and every day. Spent the first 2 hours very dizzy and moving slowly. Sent Tony to McDonalds to get us breakfast. Had my favorite, bacon egg and cheese bagel. I think he got himself an egg McMuffin, two hash browns and coffee. So the trip to McDonalds was more for him than me. In fact I even gave him a coupon to buy one breakfast sandwich get one free, so mine was free. I'm so cheap. Yes, I do cut coupons and use them when I think about them prior to heading out to the grocery store. Went on the web for a while, showered and made my way to Pick N Save for my Friday grocery shopping (forgot the coupons). Didn't need much but some fresh fruit, milk and a couple other items. Wasn't to sure on my feet walking around the grocery store. Felt very dizzy. At one point I could see myself walking like my 98 year old grandma did, very slow, not to fall. By the time I got home and put the groceries away I was exhausted. Sat outside with the dogs for a while in the shade till Tony came home to take us to our usual Friday lunch with the guys. Had lunch at a different restaurant due to the Brady Street Diner being closed for good. Had a big steak sandwich and a strawberry shake. The kind of shake they bring the extra in the metal container they mixed it in. Was very good. I love ice cream. Had a good laugh which we always end up doing at these Friday lunches. I think they are better therapy then anything else I do. Spent the afternoon answering the many emails I received. Posted a couple of them on the Email's Received page on my web sight. Found the strength to vacuum the house and then just sat more outside with the stereo on listening to music. Just made ham and cheese sandwiches for dinner since neither one of us were very hungry from the big lunch. Not much on TV tonight, will have to fire up the DVR and watch something we recorded. I did catch the Fox news tonight which featured American Idol Danny Gockey for the entire hour and a half. He was taken all over the city today, gave a short concert at the fair grounds at the lakefront and then threw out the first pitch at the Brewers baseball game tonight. He is not my favorite, but he is good. He did not sing good today, he even apologized for not sounding good.

Watching Barkley try to play with Vito, too funny, neither one knows how to play with each other. They both want to be on top.

Six years ago today I had to say goodbye to my blond Pomeranian named Tiny Love. She was the first dog I ever owned. She did live 16 1/2 years. Still not enough. At least I still have her memory. I think if my mind was to go and I didn't even have my past memories there would be nothing to live for. Alzheimer's disease must be horrible. It's bad enough getting old, but if you don't have your memories what else is there.

Tony has been working on a car he wants me to look at tomorrow. I think it is a car he wants. It would be the car I drive. I have a Mustang Convertible now. It is a BMW 530I. Have no clue what that is, but then again every car I've owned for the past 20 years have all been cars Tony worked on and bought from the insurance companies. I drove a 1985 RX7 for a while a long time ago that he actually pieced together. The front end from one car, the back end from a different car. It was a fun car to drive till I got tired of driving a stick shift car. Hey, I can't drink a cup of coffee, smoke a cig, and shift all at the same time. Would need another hand. Tony says the car is loaded with everything. I did plant the seed in his head about a month ago that I am interested in a new car. But, I want something higher off the ground, an SUV of some kind. With my head so fuzzy it is better to drive and see more, being higher up. I actually enjoy driving our Tahoe more than the Mustang because the Tahoe is higher off the ground. I have been leaning towards the Jeep Liberty. Haven't driven one, but like the look. It is a small SUV. Was deciding on the color till in the last week I've seen so many driving around Milwaukee, I think I've changed my mind. Sure don't want to drive a car that's everywhere, unless of course I have Tony add stripes or something on it. Hmm. I never really have a car for more than 2 years anyway. The life of having a husband who owns an Auto Body Shop. Unfortunately, cars to me get you from point A to point B. They are either small, medium size, or big. They are either a car or an SUV, and then we do the small, medium, big thing again. That's where my knowledge of cars starts and ends. Oh, and of course the color. My knowledge of cars has always baffled Tony. Especially since it is his life.

Was a nice day today in Milwaukee. Sunny and 70s most of the day. Tomorrow rain all day, thunder storms maybe starting after midnight tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment