Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, May 14, 2009

May 14, 2009 Thursday Night

Got up this morning feeling pretty good. Got the usual chores done around the house and headed for the basement. Cleaned the basement since Tony has been working out down there each morning on the weight machine. Set up a couple mirrors for him to watch his progress and muscles. Got myself showered and out the door by 1 pm for my dental cleaning. I did hang around the office yesterday hoping that the dentist could clean my teeth after my dental exam. A guy was expected not to show for his 10th time. He showed. That is why I had to go back again today. Got a good teeth cleaning. When I got home I put up some gates so Zoe the tenants dog could at least come into the kitchen and not be alone upstairs. Wasted the afternoon away not really accomplishing anything. Made a bunch of left overs for dinner from Mother's Day at my mom's that she had given us. Tonight it is Ugly Betty and Greys Anatomy to round out the evening. Still shocked from last nights American Idol. All three guys are good but it was a shame to see Milwaukee's Danny leave last night. I hope Adam wins. Would be nice to have an openly gay man win for the first time. I don't count Clay Aiken as being gay. He didn't come out till it was safe and he made his money. Adam has at least been honest from day one. But then again Chris is so cute. Had a really good day today. Didn't take a nap or lay down today all day. Should sleep good tonight.

Friday I have to do my morning grocery shopping. Just need milk and fresh fruit. Then lunch with the guys. I am still torn about going to a funeral tomorrow afternoon. It would be unexpected for me to show up at the funeral of they guy's mother who fired me 8 months ago. Probably people would be happy to see me. But I am not sure if at a mother's funeral I want any attention drawn to me. Also not sure if I am up to it. I will see how I feel by 4 PM tomorrow afternoon. I did send a sympathy card. I did know his mother. So, do you go to a funeral more for the deceased or for the living family? Sure would appreciate any input before 4 PM Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Hey** Glad you had a great day!

    As for your question regarding the funeral. Most people, at least from my experience, go to pay respect to the deceased and sympathy to the loved ones.

    Everyone takes death differently, but I know when I lost my dad and then a month later, my mom, I was in such a fog I didn't know what I was doing, let alone knew who was there. I appreciated the support I received and love my friends for being there at such a difficult time, but I really was in shock. Looking back now with some reminders from my husband or children, I can remember who was there to share a hug, a tear or a word with me.

    Up to you if you go but I do believe it is respectful to honor the deceased and their loved ones with your presence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think oyu shpuld go Dave. You sent a card. Since you haven't seen any of those people for a while and since you found out that they are reading your blog I don't think this is the time you should step forward and run into them. And funerals are hard enough on people who aren't questioning their exsistence (altho aren't we all at some point?) and I don't think it will help your frame of mind. It might put the man who fired you in a really bad place ans he doesn't need that now..Just my opinion having been to way too many funerals in my life and having been shocked by the sight of some people who stood in front of me....jo

    ReplyDelete